At configure8, we’re creating the future of software development. We’re a small and growing team of seasoned developers with very impressive backgrounds that include Microsoft, Google, NASA, AOL, and several successful early-stage start-ups. We’re backed by leading VCs and we are looking for great people to join us on this exciting growth journey.
There’s never been a better time to be a developer - we have access to so much infrastructure and so many services, but the process of creating, managing, and discovering services, microservices, serverless functions, data pipelines and more has added a massive amount of complexity. configure8 is building a platform that empowers developers and devops engineers by simplifying and accelerating service development. We’re building this platform so that you and other developers can have a simple way to create, manage, and discover services within your organization.
What You Will Do
We’re looking for a seasoned Devops Architect to lead the development of our infrastructure components as this is a very critical element of our product. This is your chance to build something developers will truly want to use. We’re at an early-stage which is exciting! With this, you will have the ability to make a very large impact beyond infrastructure and a seat at the table helping us craft the vision of the company.
We’re seeking someone extremely passionate about solving these problems so much so that you’re ready to quit your job and start a company to do this! You’ve been clawing at this but have never been able to productize your knowledge. You obsess about automating these pain points away, have entrepreneurial passion and want that experience, and, ideally, have had a diversity of client/implementation exposure over a number of tools and companies - you’ve got broad empathy.
- You are a self starter who enjoys working independently and as a part of a team
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, able to articulate your point of view and love open/honest/critical conversations
- You move fast, are thoughtful, and have a desire to learn and also make others great
- You want to build close relationships with our customers. You are a fast learner with no religion on architecture/frameworks/languages
- You believe your work is a reflection of you and your team and therefore it’s got to be great
- You're an amazing written, verbal and visual communicator
- You have a passion for creating well factored, high reuse and extensible systems
What You Have
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics
- Demonstrated track record of producing large amounts of automation in short amounts of time
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback.
- Solid development practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Working knowledge about one or more of the following: Cloud tools like AWS, AZ, GCE, etc; Configuration automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Github Actions, GitLabs CI, Circle CI, etc.
- Familiarity with container and microservices technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, istio, etc.
- Understanding of security technologies like OAuth, etc.
- Ability to work closely with the product management and design team to define feature requirements and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the customer experience
We understand that experience comes in many forms and we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Benefits & Perks
- Platinum quality health, vision and dental plans 99% paid for by the company
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Flexible work schedules and work-from-home
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Mentorship opportunities: We offer a unique learning experience for those passionate about building products and companies from the ground up. Gain exposure to this process from colleagues who have built and scaled multiple start-ups, launched new products like Bing and Google Voice, led engineering organizations from 2 people to 1,200+, and so much more.
Our team is built on diversity and our uniqueness is our strength. We value our entire team's backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We thrive to be the best team players we can be and have fun while doing it. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make the world a better place for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.