Coker Group is a national healthcare advisory firm, working with hospitals and physician groups. We are seeking a Compliance Consultant
to assist clients in developing, evaluating and operationalizing hospital and physician practice OIG (Office of Inspector General) compliance programs.
In addition, the Compliance Consultant will provide virtual or interim compliance officer and advisory services for a myriad of compliance-related matters. The Compliance Consultant will not only sell existing services but will especially focus on cutting edge strategic consulting initiatives, calling on existing clients as well as developing new ones, including maintaining and expanding current relationships with constituent organizations across the country to build Coker Group’s brand as the trusted advisor.
Our ideal candidate has experience with all aspects of healthcare compliance, including, but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Corporate Compliance programs including Fraud, Waste and Abuse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Build and manage new business development relationships; identify and pursue targeted clients.
- Assist organizations’ corporate compliance programs in adhering to federal, state, and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assist organizations and physician practices in developing, evaluating, and operationalizing effective compliance programs in their settings.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to executive/senior leadership related to the implementation and management of the compliance program.
- Monitor industry compliance trends and develop and lead systems and structures designed to analyze compliance risk areas and develops strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Monitor compliance activities; remain informed, identify trends, and advocate at the executive level for necessary improvements.
- Lead investigation of reports of suspected misconduct and alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Provide significant support and collaborates to ensure investigation of compliance issues.
- Assist clients in responding to compliance-related complaints and grievances by conducting or overseeing investigations, implementing solutions and monitoring for effectiveness.
- Maintains statistical and evaluative data on all program audits, evaluations, and risk analyses and provides trend data and compliance reports.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management.
- Provide recommendations to clients in their pursuit of a sound business model and an enhanced experience.
- Speak at industry events.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise staff members.
- Deliver quality services and deliverables that consistently meet client expectations.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Travel to client sites and other related meetings.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and senior management.
- Use expertise to establish new relationships in forums such as professional groups, speaking engagements, etc.
Working at Coker Group:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- Master’s Degree and/or additional certifications, are preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in consulting/healthcare administration/medical practice management
- 10+ years of escalating managerial work-experience in a highly diversified organization.
- 10+ years of escalating responsibility and work experience in a compliance-related field (internal audit, law, etc.).
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and project management skills.
- Significant compliance orientation coupled with business process expertise and acumen. Demonstrated knowledge of current thinking and practice around the business of compliance.
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational development, project management, and strategic planning.
- Must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, perceptive, ambitious, flexible and high energy.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills with professional staff, senior level executives and physicians.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective business acumen and good judgment.
- Ability to show discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Availability to travel
Since 1987, our mission has been to customize an approach for each client that ensures strategic differentiation in the marketplace and the achievement of every goal across all performance areas. Through principled professional consulting, we assist healthcare providers in their pursuit of a sound business model and an enhanced patient experience. Our advisors have the experience and creativity to find the right solution for any market and healthcare entity.
Coker’s team is composed of seasoned healthcare industry professionals and subject matter experts representing a broad range of expertise and decades of experience across all aspects of the healthcare system. We are proud offer our associates a full slate of competitive benefits, perks and a flexible work environment.
Coker Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Serious inquiries only. Applicants lacking the qualifications listed will not be considered