A Truck Driver is responsible for transporting goods from one location to another. Their job duties include loading their vehicles, abiding by traffic laws and ensuring safe unloading and delivery at their destination.
· Perform daily vehicle inspections such as checking tyres, lights, water, fluids, fuel levels and keeping vehicle clean.
· Reports any serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
· Receive delivery invoices and instructions from delivery supervisor.
· Assist with the loading and unloading of goods, ensuring goods are properly secure and safely transported to customers.
· Resolve customers’ complaints in a polite and tactful manner.
· Collect and submit all C.O.D payments when applicable and ensuring that all delivery copies are signed.
· Process customers’ returns, complete all necessary paper work etc and notify management.
· Adhere to all road and company safety protocols.
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver
- Valid truck driving license
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software
- Good communication skills.
- Relative physical strength and stamina.
- Forklift license would be an asset.
- Basic Mathematics and English CXC.
Note - A current certificate of character should accompany your CV.
PLEASE NOTE: This description is only a summary of the basic Duties, Responsibilities, and Competencies necessary to be able to perform this job satisfactorily. You will be expected to perform other tasks necessary within the organisation.
, St Michael
||21 Apr 2022
Share Job Opening