Factory by Beer Tree Brew is a restaurant/brewery located in Johnson City, NY. We are looking for an Sous Chef who matches the drive and excellence that is Beer Tree. The facility features a state-of-the-art brewery and taproom on the lower level and a brand-new restaurant and kitchen on the second level complete with a beautiful wood-fired, wood-heat pizza oven.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef. planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen, while maintaining high culinary standards, creativity, and quality. The Sous Chef supervises the kitchen staff in their daily activities and motivates them to strive for culinary excellence. In addition, the Sous Chef helps manage the inventory of supplies and maintains safe and sanitary conditions for quality food production and service.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and two years progressively responsible restaurant experience with management or supervisory responsibilities. Formal culinary training preferred. Good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- Oversees production of food according to sanitation and quality standards
- Establishes and maintains procedures and standards that ensure the health and safety of everyone
- Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
- Manages and mentors staff, including recruiting/hiring/training of all employees, overseeing HR/payroll, managing issues of discipline/termination, ensuring ongoing training/education, etc.
- Restocks food supplies and takes inventory when required
- High school diploma or high school equivalency diploma required
- Two years of progressive and relevant experience
- Formal culinary training a plus
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations regarding food practices and handling required
- Experience in supervising and managing staff
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
Beer Tree provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour