What does a Line Cook do?
A Line Cook, or Prep Cook, plates dishes and completes basic food prepping tasks for a restaurant. Their main duties include preparing and cooking food in a specific station, cleaning up prep areas and making sure the kitchen is stocked
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assisting with stocking and setting up the kitchen stations
· Preparing food including cleaning and cutting the ingredients and cooking main dishes, desserts, appetizers and snacks
· Plating prepared foods based on senior chef’s guidance
· Working with servers to ensure that orders are completed according to request and on time
· Washing and cleaning the kitchen and cooking utensils and storing the equipment at the end of shifts
· Ensuring that the kitchen operation procedures and hygiene meet food safety standards and regulations
Skills and Qualifications:
· High school or GED required; culinary school preferred
· At least one year of cooking experience
· Excellent kitchen administration knowledge and ability to work as part of a team
· Strong organization and active listening skills
· The ability to work on your feet for most of the day and lift 30 pounds at a time
· Exceptional time management skills
Beer Tree provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.