The Internal Product Owner (System Analyst) will be integrated with the design and development teams. Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Participate as a member of the internal product owner agile team
· Work with the Software Engineering Manager to understand the roadmap that delivers a product that meets contract requirements
· Work with the Software Engineering Manager to maintain the prioritized backlog consistent with the roadmap
· Interface with the Client’s Product Owner and Requirements Engineering team to ensure requirements clarity
· Work with the architects and Ui/UX (Human Factors) team to develop, negotiate, and finalize user stories.
· Define acceptance criteria along with the team (clarity of definition of done).
· Ensuring that user stories are manageable and if necessary, sliced into smaller user stories.
· Be available to the team to ensure clarity on business requirements are provided as needed.
· Gather feedback from the development teams to improve the clarity and quality of use stories.
· Work with client services, product, and engineering to reproduce and help resolve bugs when needed.
· Monitor customer acceptance and engagement including conducting end of sprint product demonstrations.
· A minimum of 9 years of relevant experience
· BS/BA degree
· Proven work experience as a Business Analyst, Requirements Analyst, or Product Owner
· Knowledge of web applications preferred
· Hands on experience in developing user stories from a large set of complex requirements
· Ability to document high quality user stories and acceptance criteria with input from written requirements and various functional teams
· Ability to plan, estimate and provide status of work to ensure development team cadence and velocity is maintained
· Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
· Understanding of requirements management and traceability
· Familiarity with TFS or any other ALM tool
· Ability to provide guidance to junior Analysts
· Federal Aviation Administration experience or knowledge preferred
· IIBA or other business analysis certification also a plus